Members and guests (the public) of Peterborough Golf and Country Club have an opportunity to participate in the 2020 Junior Golf Programs.
Our programs are designed to grow the game by introducing and retaining young golfers in the sport. We accomplish this through a high-quality player development program that is motivating and measurable.
Lead by PGA Professional & PGCC Sports Director Kurtis Sweeting, and supported with an extensive list of teaching staff to provide your children with complete care.
Junior and Divot Golf Members of any ability have many opportunities to develop their skills as both recreational and competitive golfers will have the opportunity for organized instruction and competition.
Junior Members are also encouraged to take part in our After School and Summer Programs. (See Below)
The PG&CC Instructors for the summer:
Associate Golf Professional - Blake Ulrich
Assistant Golf Professional - Nick Valiquette
2020 Junior Golf Director - Steve O'Sullivan
2020 Junior Membership (12 – 18 years) is $399.00 plus HST $450.87 Total
Divot Membership (8 – 11 years) is $285.00 plus HST $322.05 Total
Divot Members – Privileges
The Divot Membership includes children 8 – 11 years old.
Divots must be supervised by an adult at all times when on the premises
- Divot Members are able to play and must be accompanied by an adult, any day after 1pm except Wednesdays when they will be allowed to play after 4pm
- Divots may use practice facilities if accompanied by an adult
Junior Members - Privileges
Junior Members must be 12-18 years of age as of Jan. 1st
Junior members will be allowed to book up to 3 days in advance of their requested tee time
Qualified Junior Members - Privileges
Qualified Juniors are those players carrying a handicap factor of 19.9 or less and have been approved by the Professional Staff
- A Qualified Junior Member wishing to play the course WITHOUT an Adult or Intermediate Member, may do so without time restriction on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. And may play Wednesdays after 4pm and Weekends after 11am.
- A Qualified Junior Member who carries a handicap index of 19.9 or less may play the course WITH an Adult or Intermediate Member playing partner(s) at any time – the Adult or Intermediate Member’s name must be included at the time of booking. Because of Rez System Category Booking Restrictions, the Golf Shop must be informed in order to add the Junior to the group.
Unqualified Junior Members - Privileges
Unqualified Juniors are those players carrying a handicap factor of 20.0 or higher
- An Unqualified Junior Member may only play the course, WITH or WITHOUT an Adult or Intermediate Member, after 1pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and weekends and may play Wednesdays after 4pm.
Monday After School Summer Program Included!
The Junior After School Program is open to all Junior and Divot Members who want to have fun, learn the fundamentals of the game and create friendships on the golf course! The cost of the program per child is $15.00 per event day, but if you pay all ten days in advance you get the last two days for free and save $30.00!
Each Monday session begins with players receiving a pre-game/post-school snack and partake in a 30-minute pre-round golf educational clinic hosted by one of our PGA of Canada Professionals before hitting the links.
Start time will be 4:30 pm each Monday during May and June with Divot Members ending at 6:30 pm and Junior aged players finishing at 7:30 pm. During July and August, we will begin at 3:30 pm. Divots will be finished by 5:30 pm while Juniors may stay and play until 6:30 pm. All players will be under Professional and Adult supervision from the time they arrive until they leave the premises.