Junior Golf 2018
The PG&CC is proud to offer an outstanding Junior Golf Program for summer 2018.
Junior and Divot Golf Members of any ability have many opportunities to develop their skills as both recreational and competitive golfers will have the opportunity for organized instruction and competition.
Junior Members are encouraged to take part in our “After School” and Summer Programs.
To sign up for any junior members program, please CLICK HERE.
The PG&CC Instructors for the summer:
Master Golf Professional – Dan Campbell
Head Golf Professional – Christien Jones
Associate Golf Professional – Kurtis Sweeting
2018 Junior Golf Director – Steve O’Sullivan
2018 Assistant Junior Golf Director – Aly Bell
2018 Junior Membership (12 – 18 years) is $365
Divot Membership (8 – 11 years) is $260.
Divot Members – Privileges
The Divot Membership includes children 8 – 11 years old.Divots must be supervised by an adult at all times when on the premises
- Divot Members are able to play and must be accompanied by an adult, any day after 1pm except Wednesdays when they will be allowed to play after 4pm
- Divots may use practice facilities if accompanied by an adult
Junior Members - Privileges
Junior Members must be 12-18 years of age as of Jan. 1st
Junior members will be allowed to book up to 3 days in advance of their requested tee time
Qualified Junior Members - Course Playing Privileges
Qualified Juniors are those players carrying a handicap factor of 19.9 or less and have been approved by the Professional Staff
- A Qualified Junior Member wishing to play the course WITHOUT an Adult or Intermediate Member, may do so without time restriction on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. And may play Wednesdays after 4pm and Weekends after 11am.
- A Qualified Junior Member who carries a handicap index of 19.9 or less may play the course WITH an Adult or Intermediate Member playing partner(s) at any time – the Adult or Intermediate Member’s name must be included at the time of booking. Because of Rez System Category Booking Restrictions, the Golf Shop must be informed in order to add the Junior to the group.
Unqualified Junior Members - Course Playing Privileges
Unqualified Juniors are those players carrying a handicap factor of 20.0 or higher
- An Unqualified Junior Member may only play the course, WITH or WITHOUT an Adult or Intermediate Member, after 1pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and weekends and may play Wednesdays after 4pm.
After School & Summer Program
NEW for 2018 is our “no cost “Junior After School Program! This program is open to all Junior and Divot Members who want to have fun, learn the fundamentals of the game and create friendships on the golf course!
Each Monday session begins with players receiving a pre-game/post-school snack and partake in a 30-minute pre-round golf educational clinic hosted by one of our PGA of Canada Professionals before hitting the links.
Program nights are listed below. Start time will be 4:30 pm each Monday during May and June with Divot Members ending at 6:30 pm and Junior aged players finishing at 7:30 pm. During July and August, we will begin at 3:30 pm. Divots will be finished by 5:30 pm while Juniors may stay and play until 6:30 pm. All players will be under Professional and Adult supervision from the time they arrive until they leave the premises.
May 14, 28 June 4, 11, 18, 25 July 9, 23, 30 August 13, 20
2018 Junior Camps
The Junior Golf Camp here at Peterborough Golf and Country Club is a wonderful opportunity for children ages 9 to 14 to learn the game of golf and the valuable lessons golf can teach them.
NEW in 2018 - Four weeks of Junior Camp. There will be a maximum of 20 Junior golfers per week with a 5:1 student/instructor ratio.
The Instructor: Kurtis Sweeting – Associate Golf Professional/Junior Coordinator
Kurtis has been a Golf Professional since 2003 and has been an ELITE Apprentice Professional with The Ontario Professional Golfers Association since 2004. Kurtis had completed his "Class 'A' Pro" status in the summer of 2012.
Junior Golf Camp #1 - Monday, July 2nd through Thursday, July 5th
Junior Golf Camp #2 - Monday, July 9th through Thursday, July 12th
Junior Golf Camp #3 - Monday, July 30th through Thursday, August 2nd
Junior Golf Camp #4 - Monday, August 13th through Thursday, August 16th
(Monday - Wednesday 8am - 1pm, Thursday 8am - 4pm)
Cost is $250.00 + HST. Includes Lunch each day at 12:00 pm. Costs are for each camp per golfer.
Maximum of 20 Participants per week.